Face & Neck Lift
What Is Face & Neck Lift Surgery & Why Have It?
A face lift is an operation to tighten and lift the loose skin of your face below the eyes and a neck lift tightens and lifts the skin of the neck.
Aging causes the facial skin to lose elasticity resulting in drooping and causes facial muscles to slacken. At the same time, the fat under the skin decreases adding to the older look. The speed of aging depends on many factors’ genetic, stress, sun exposure, smoking, and severe weight loss.
A face lift improves the lower half of the face, particularly the jawline. If there are sagging eyebrows and forehead wrinkles, a brow lift is recommended to add to the procedure.
A face & neck lift makes you look younger, healthier, lively, and happier. Individuals of any age benefit from face & neck lift surgery.
Before The Operation
You will meet Dr. Simon Bachir who will listen to your concerns, examine you and check your medical history & medications, explain the procedure, answers all of your questions, take photographs of your face & neck, and have you sign your consent.
Instructions To Achieve A Better Result
Keep your weight steady with a good diet and regular exercise regimen.
- Avoid aspirin & non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs for at least two weeks before the operation as they increase the risk of bleeding
- Have your hair permed, bleached, or colored before your operation as fresh scars are sensitive to these chemicals for a few weeks
- Stop smoking at least six weeks before the operation to help reduce the risk of complications, particularly the risk of flaps of skin behind the ears
- You do not need to remove the hair near where we will be making cuts
- Have a bath or shower the morning of your operation with anti-bacterial soap to make sure that the area is as clean as possible
Please Note: Dr. Simon Bachir does do this surgery under local anesthesia and sedation that eliminates all the list above potential complications. The results of facelift or neck lift are finalized in nine months.